Minnesota County Histories
Main Page Table Of Contents
Harry M. Hoffman
The History of Renville County, Volume 2
Compiled by Franklyn Curtiss-Wedge
Harry M. Hoffman, a very successful farmer of Beaver Falls township, was born Feb. 5, 1870, in Pennsylvania. He came to Renville county in 1880. A the age of twenty years he rented 120 acres in section 15, Beaver Falls township, where he remained five years. During the same time he also worked upon 120 acres in section 11, which he bought in 1891. In 1904 he sold his land and bought 200 acres in section 15 and 120 acres more in 1908. Now he owns the western half of section 15 in Beaver Falls township, and has a very nice, well improved farm. Mr. Hoffman has served as treasurer of School District No. 5. He belongs to the Modern Woodmen of America, of North Redwood, and is a member of the Catholic church of Morton. Mr. Hoffman was married June 23, 1909, to Lydia M. Roper, born May 10, 1888, daughter of Henry and Anna (Barnholdt) Roper. Mr. Roper was born Jan. 15, 1852, in Cook county, Illinois and came to Minnesota in 1868, locating in Waseca county. He came to Renville county in 1886, and bought 160 acres in section 16, northeast quarter, Beaver Falls township. In 1910 he moved to the eastern half of the southwest quarter of section 16, where he remained until 1913, when he moved to Redwood Falls, where he died April 29, 1913. His wife was born Nov. 17, 1862, and still lives in Redwood Falls. They were married in Le Sueur county, Jan. 15, 1880, and had six children. Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman have two children, Helen Catherine, born April 3, 1910; and Margaret Anna, born Nov. 10, 1912.
© Copyright 2004 KinSource All Rights Reserved